Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joyful

Some time today, I'm going to tell Pipiltin about my shaman training.  I am confident enough in what I have leanred to have pride in my new abilities, so I know in that respect she will be pleased.  There's still the matter of my having kept this all from her, but hopefully she will understand my reason for doing so.

Winter Veil has started!  I am particularly excited this year because it's my first with Pip.  My mate told me that she doesn't really know what the celebration is about, so I've acquired a book that provides a good, concise explanation of the hoilday to read to her while we enjoy smores and hot cocoa.  The beginning of a tradition perhaps?

We are returning to Piki'alo Hetawa this weekend.  As much as I know that our time in Winterspring was necessary, it will feel good to be back amongst the Tribe.  With Viv and Ana both giving birth and Glen moving his family in, our family has grown during our time away from home. 

I have never been happier.