Friday, December 23, 2011

Wrath

Last night, we had someone at our weekly meeting whose presence, words, and actions helped throw our usually orderly affair into utter chaos.  This disruption of normalcy seemed to me to be a microcosm of the trials and tribulations that our family has faced over this past year.  Both internal and external threats have plagued us, but we seem to have weathered through them.  If need be, I know we can again.

The path of our Tribe is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil.

Blessed by the ancestors are they, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherd the weak through the valley of darkness, for they are truly their Tribemate's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And we will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger any who would attempt to poison and destroy our family.

And they will know we are the Burning Tusks when we lay our vengeance upon them.

I have yet to hear from Pipiltin since her rather cryptic talk over the talisman yesterday.  It's not unusual, however, for her to disappear unexpectedly like this, especially recently.  I will give it until this evening before I set out to find her.  I'm sure it's just some task she had to complete that she forgot to inform me of.