Monday, November 14, 2011

Morning

Like most mornings, I am up and starting my day before sunrise.  Rarely does the dawn find me not already out and about taking care of the business of the day.   Now and again though, Pip does convince me to sleep in for a while, ocassionally even into the afternoon.  This usually doesn't take much effort on her part.  There are times when we spend those hours mating, but more often we just lay there in each others arms talking and simply enjoying our time together.

As I write this, I can look over and watch her sleeping.  Even in those raptor pajamas she's wearing, she is beautiful.  I like to think that at times like this she is free from all the concerns and responsibilities she places on herself and also from all the tragedy that fate has brought into her life.  If anyone deserves that, it's her.

Much to do today!  I have to head out and skin some leather for my mate's ever growing talent with leatherworking.  I have to get to the auction house to find some materials for a suit I hope to have made soon.  There are some clerical matters relating to my position as an interviewer for the Tribe that need to be taken care of.  Topping it all off is my date with Westly this evening.  So much to do and so little time. 

Ancestors help me, but I am a fool for those raptor pajamas.  I don't suppose it will hurt to go back to bed for a while.